Agios Minas Monastery
The convent of Agios Minas is a monastery located in the village of Vavla and which dates back to the 15th century. The building is a mixture of Byzantine and Gothic styles with a pointed vault of traverse ribs and side porticos, and consists of a church, cloisters and other monastic buildings. On the north and south walls there are two large paintings of Agios Georgios (Saint George) and Agios Minas (Saint Minas) which date back to 1757. In addition to their religious duties, the nuns at the convent busy themselves with icon painting, and cultivating and selling fruit and homemade preserves.
Please note that, as in many monasteries and churches on the island, modest dress is required to enter the church.
Telephone00357 24 342 952
Opening HoursOctober – April, daily:
- 09:30–11:30 / 14:00–16:00
- May – September, daily:
- 09:30–11:30 / 15:00–16:30
- Group visits by appointment
- All year round - Closed on Public Holidays